Environmental Governance and the Courts in Asia: An Asian Judges Network on the Environment
|Type:||Brochures and Flyers|
|Series:||Law and Policy Reform Briefs|
Asian chief justices and judges recognize that they have much to gain by exchanging experiences with judges across borders. Their professional ties with fellow judges are often strong, given their shared professional challenges.
ADB has recognized the unique and distinct leadership role the judiciary plays in the environmental enforcement chain. This brief is a summary of ADB's work with the Asian courts at the regional level, subregional level (South East and South Asia), and national level (Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Thailand).
- ADB and Environmental Governance
- Asian Judges Symposium on Environmental Decision Making, the Rule of Law, and Environmental Justice
- ASEAN Chief Justices’ Roundtable on Environment: Towards a Vision on Environment for the Judiciary in Southeast Asia
- South Asia Conference on Environmental Justice
- Asian Judges Network on the Environment